Saturday, February 22, 2014

Gochujang (Korean Pepper Paste)


Gochujang

If I ask you, what is the most popular korean foods? I'm pretty sure that most of you will answer Kimchi and Bibimbap hahaha.. And most of you will answer Bulgogi, Jajangmyeon, Toppoki, Kimbab or Patbingsu.

I watch so many korean movie, I saw they eating vibrant red coloured foods, it's seem korean people likes spicy food so much hahaha. So I'm curious and searching tutorial for korean food at Youtube, my favourite channel is Maangchi

From Maangchi channel, I learn that ingredient key to vibrant red coloured food in korean cuisine is Gochujang. What is Gochujang? English name for Gochujang is Korean Pepper Paste, made from Glutinous Rice Powder, Fermented Soybean, Salt and Red Chili Powder, ussually, it naturally fermented in big clay pots outdoors

So I ask my supplier in Korea if she can send me one pack of Gochujang, and she say yes..
Thanx God that this Gochujang didn't break during shipment, I'm affraid that it will break and make all of cosmetic dirty >.<


Gochujang is using in so many popular korean cuisine, like Kimchi, Bibimbap, Toppoki. Korean people like to eat it with rice, meat, or vegetable as sauce. I've been tried Gochujang to make my own Bibimbap. The taste is salty and hot, a bit like spicy tauco sauce, but gochujang taste not too salty like tauco.


CJ Beksul Bap Cheese

The second food ingredient I brought from korea is CJ Beksul Bap Cheese. This is rice seasoning ussually for Onigiri, Porridge or plain white rice. This rice seasoning contains cheese, egg, nori, dried vegetable and sesame seed.

One package contains 3 sachet of seasoning, I think 1 sachet enoguh to seasoning 2 bowl porrige or 2 plate plain white rice.


How about the taste? Delicious i think.. Dominant flavour is cheese, I still can taste a little bit nori, but I can't feel any egg or dried vegetable, althouh the dried vegetable seen so clearly hahaha. How about sesame seed? I only saw a bit of sesame seed

This rice seasoning not only bring variations on your Onigiri, Sushi or Porrige, but it can save your life when you have nothing to eat at frige hahaha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More